I’ve been wanting to do this for quite some time and it’s surprisingly easy to update Facebook with your tweets, but insanely difficult to do the opposite. It seems like loopholes keep getting patched, like maybe Facebook doesn’t want you to be able to do this.
But in any case, I have now found a method that works (for the time being anyway)
1. Login to your Facebook account.
2. Click on Inbox at the top of the screen
3. Click on Notifications
4. At the bottom right-hand corner of your screen is a little box that says “Subscribe To Notifications”. Right click on the Your Notifications RSS feed and copy the link address/URL.
5. Go to twitterfeed.com and sign up for a free account. Once you have an account and are signed in, click on “Create New Feed”.
6. You will now need to “Connect your feed to your Twitter Account” where you will be asked to allow access to your Twitter Account using OAuth. Go through and enter your details and ensure that account verification goes smoothly.
7. Once you’ve successfully authenticated your Twitter Account, enter the feed you copied from Facebook earlier into the field called RSS Feed Url. The only kicker is that you have to change it a little. The RSS feed should take the form:
where the xs represent a unique set of characters to your account. Now you just need to swap out the word notifications for status, so that your new feed takes the form
8. You can call the feed what you want and modify the Advanced Settings as you wish (including changing the update time to every 30 mins, which is as often as it will permit – other services maybe be able to do it more frequently), but post a test status to Facebook and see whether it comes up in the next half hour once it checks your feed for the first time. (You can also check your feed by pasting it into Google Reader for example, or by validating it here.)