A question I often get asked by my clients is whether they can upload PDFs to their WordPress site so that they can make information available to their readers, such as property information sheets or downloadable tutorials.
The process is quite easy and if you’ve uploaded images before, the process will feel very similar.
- Start a new post or page (or edit an old one if you wish).
- Go to where you want to insert the link to the PDF in the text editor.
- Now select the Add Media button (see picture on the right).
- In the next dialog box you will upload your PDF from your computer.
- Once the file is uploaded, insert the title and description.
- For the Link URL box, select File URL, which will link the title to the PDF file. Then hit Insert Into Post and you’re done.
- What, you were expecting something more?
Incidentally, you can use this process for any number of files, whether you want to upload word documents, spreadsheets or executable files.